What’s Hot and What’s Not: 2018 Trends in the World of Business Analysis
Type: Symposium Track Session Track: Business Analysis
Tuesday October 31 11:15am to 12:15pm Credits: 1 IIBA CDU, 1 PMI PDU
Wonder where the business analysis industry is heading? This presentation addresses hot topics like DevOps, Digital Transformation, Agile business cases, and much more. It also briefly addresses why some current trends that were hot no longer are. There will be numerous discussions about what these trends mean for business analysts, as well as how BAs can take advantage of these trends to recommend valuable solutions.
Attendees will be able to: discuss:
• Seven of the latest trends in business analysis—new for 2018
• The implications of the rise of the small business
• How the BA can help organizations with on large, complex Agile projects
• The suitability of business cases for Agile projects
• What the rapid increase in machine intelligence and robotics means for BAs
• What all these trends mean for practitioners of business analysis
Elizabeth Larson CEO, Watermark Learning Elizabeth Larson, PMP, CBAP, CSM, PMI-PBA is Co-Principal and CEO of Watermark Learning and has over 30 years of experience in project management and business analysis. Elizabeth’s speaking history includes keynotes and presentations for national and international conferences on five continents.
Elizabeth has co-authored five books on business analysis and certification preparation. She has also co-authored chapters published in four separate books. Elizabeth was a lead author on several standards including the PMBOK® Guide, BABOK® Guide, and PMI’s Business Analysis for Practitioners – A Practice Guide.
Elizabeth enjoys traveling, hiking, reading, theater, and spending time with her 6 grandsons.